07 April 2009

running before walking
















A California weekend and the weather was magnificent.
I consumed copious amounts of seafood.  
I did not practice knitting much.
two yarn shops.  was overwhelmed.  saw some yarns I wanted to see and buy, but did not...
I am not ready.  it is not quite time.

as a true introvert, I like to understand as much as I possibly can before I start doing anything.  I also know that thinking without doing is just as dangerous as doing without thinking... but, I do prefer to think way more.

I have a desire to know not only what I am doing "wrong", but what the results of the 'doing wrong' will be... 
in the knitting.  

I want to understand why I get the results I get...  
its the designer in me.  I can not help it.  

it excites me to look forward to bending and breaking some rules, to get unexpected results.  only that breaking rules now just leads to bad, uncontrolled, novice knitting...  
I have witnessed.

I did think about the baby blanket.
I have a conceptual design that seems, to me at least, not too complicated.
I purchased yarn for said baby blanket.
it will be my first project when I can knit (mostly) without supervision.

returning to Chicago late Sunday evening in a snowy/slushy downpour, we landed on one wheel in a gusting crosswind.
breath, held.
finally, the airliner was corralled, and I was just at the beginning of a battle with food poisoning.
I already knew Monday was going to be rough, 
so I set my sights on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment