21 July 2009

inductive construction


bellagio ten~fifteen percent

casually making progress on Bellagio.
stranding is less tedious then I originally anticipated.
I have made 2 felted joins to omit undesired teal sections in the colorway of the yarn I am knitting up and the joins are invisible...

I spend time thinking about sweater construction, how a body relates to a sweater, and many questions in-between. I do not have enough knitting knowledge or experience to fully immerse myself in it, but I want to know more, more!, MORE!! I will learn an amazing amount from completing Bellagio, I have no doubts, but it seems that I am a little impatient.

I also have a desire to use some stashed Malabrigo for something.
maybe a small second project? I do not know what, though.

before I began to knit, I was displeased with almost every hand knitted item that I had come across. all the bad yarns, the amateurish designs, the "novelty", awful colors and/or color combinations, the irrelevant items... all the quality items I encountered seemed to be garishly showoff-y or tried to do too much at once. where was the simple, useful, elegant, well-designed, fashion-forward, detail conscious, non-obnoxious knitting? and where was it... for men? or at least unisex? (is this asking too much?)

after being drawn in (to knitting), I am still having difficulties finding knitting that *really* inspires me outside of the initial things that drew me to actually begin knitting in the first place. I tell myself that I am just not looking hard enough, or smart enough. -- while I do admit to being a quite a picky bastard, I would also like to believe that the community of like-minded knitters is a little bit larger than I perceive it to be... or am I to create my own inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment