06 July 2009

the godchild and the Italian village


BabyMod Blanket 1

Bellagio, on the shore

Winter is still many months away, but now there is a blanket in waiting to provide warmth and comfort when the time arises. the BabyMod Blanket has been safely delivered as my first gift to my new niece and godchild, Zoey.

rail travel across the country:
rocking gently to sleep by the rhythmic motion of the train.
celebrating the sunrise and the slow entrance of light to my small roomette.
the pace, a counter-point to flying, slower, more patient, more humane.
I dreamt I was travelling in time, wishing as well that I could slow it down for a week, so I could breathe.

I spent some time on the train thinking about what to do with a pattern that was ordered a day before getting on the train. a SKIF Bellagio pattern arrived in my parents mailbox on the day I set out to look at the local knit shops. the active community at Knits by Nana in Baton Rouge was warmly welcoming and was one of the highlights of my vacation. in the discount room I found 5 skeins of a compelling colorway of Noro's Kureyon Sock yarn. I am sure it was left just for me to find... it will become my Bellagio.

Bellagio is a small Italian village at the center of the three forks of Lake Como... beautiful.
Bellagio is a luxury hotel in Las Vegas... beautiful.
Bellagio is a sweater pattern by SKIF International with a reverse seam running up the middle, then forking to the right of your neck... beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment