18 May 2009

click, its Spring!


its finally spring!

looking forward to Spring is a bit like looking forward to your birthday (when you were say, 10).  you know it will eventually arrive, but the anticipation mounts as you count down the days and the wait seems so much longer.  when the day finally arrives, though, the wait was totally worth it.

not much knitting was done this past week and I am now officially behind schedule on the baby blanket...  there were many distractions this week, not the least of which was cabin fever.  if the choice available right now is either gallivanting outside or knitting, I know what my choice would be.

I may be attending a 4-week beginning knitting class beginning June 2, at Janet's suggestion, but there are a few logistics to be sorted out before its definitely a go.  if this class pans out, there will definitely be more on this topic at a later date.

after stopping off at a local bead shop for a couple of specific supplies, there was a knit shop next door, Chix with Stix that Janet wanted to stop in to possibly pick up a few knitting needles she needs for her current projects.  This knitting store would normally be a bit out of the way for me in my normal operating procedures, but I did enjoy my experience there... AND I picked up a handy-dandy stitch counter clicker mechanism.  Janet uses a pencil and paper to count rows or stitches.  I can not seem to adopt that habit.  the Clover knitting counter should help me immensely!

No comments:

Post a Comment