08 May 2009

no guzzling out of a sippy cup


panel one of six...

panel one is complete.
132 rows, 45 stitches per row, 5940 stitches.
1/6th of the journey is done. 
     only 29700 stitches left.

the bind-off was fairly straight-forward and easy enough.
     (knit bind off)
I felt a bit of the awkwardness of learning to use chopsticks for the first time, like I did when I began knitting, but thankfully it only lasted for a short while.  still though, speed and control will come in time, with practice.  

the swatch gave me an indication of the drape, hand and weight of what the blanket will become, but it was the panel that has cemented my original perceptions.  it is going to be a very nice baby blanket.  one I can be proud of as 'my first project'.

already looking forward to my next project
with a bit of impatience.
maybe it is somewhat premature to do so??  yeah, maybe.
a sweater.
for me.
that I will like.  and that I will like to wear.
     which are two completely different things.

I am not allowing myself to start the sweater until I complete the baby blanket for Zoey.
however, that does not mean I can't think about it though, does it?
I am really becoming more and more inclined to knit a Skif International pattern, an "easy" one, of course.  been leaning heavily towards Bellagio.  
I like the reverse seams and the asymmetrical collar.
I am drawn to Skif's philosophic bent towards 'go with the flow'.
     (a bit counter to my own instincts)
but, what I am really drawn to are the results, and how I can obtain them.
I keep collecting nuggets of golden information day to day, week to week, stitch to stitch...
     which at last count, was only 29700 more until a blanket is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment