02 November 2009

after you, Bellagio


Bellagio, down the back II


since I did not make time to blog recently, I am overrun with things to talk about:

how beautiful the Habu bamboo tape (A-157) is. (pictured above)
does Retro, my sock dog, really need a scarf, or does he just want one?
is visiting the LYS of any and all places we travel a good idea?
how much patience does it take NOT to start a project?
what are the benefits of a knit class session as opposed to an open knit session?
will my Bellagio EVER get finished?

these are all questions I would like to answer and talk about, but in the interest of time and in the interest of interestingness, I am promising myself to post about only a few topics and to post more often. I used to struggle a bit to find things to talk about in my blog, but now it seems that the knitting portion of my life is emerging. as a result, this blog is becoming what I envisioned it to be. slowly, step by step.

I made a promise to myself: NOT to start knitting Zena until I finished Bellagio. so, I have done everything I can possibly do with Zena without actually starting her. I have figured out the yarn I want to use to pair up with the Habu bamboo tape (A-157) and have purchased it. I bought an accent yarn. and lastly, I have swatched and have gauge. I have to get done with Bellagio so I can introduce Zena to you. she is going to be amazing!

Bellagio has not been touched in a week. a hat (for Janet) and a scarf (for Retro)are standing in her way. despite the neglect, she still looks like a beautiful WIP. I think I captured her good side. she is donating her omitted colors to make a scarf for Retro... and maybe, if there is enough scrap, another scarf (for charity). it seems that my Bellagio is too self-sacrificing. maybe I should promise myself to finish Bellagio before I start anything else...

No comments:

Post a Comment