29 December 2009

working in diffused light





The chaos that is Christmas was not all that chaotic this year, but it did sneak up on me and left me unprepared. I want to cozy-up in an empty room, in the glow of the Winter sun... and I want to knit. I crave the simple, modern look and feel of the advert in the design magazine you were reading last week. I crave the results of some serious dedicated work but, I can barely seem to keep up with the Winter.

overcast skies and pullover sweaters are the norm as one week runs into the next one. Bellagio is still on the needles as the spring queue is jockeying for position. Winter always takes its toll on me. The holiday season gets me through the new year. The NFL Playoffs and the Super Bowl get me through to the beginning of February. February to April is a struggle. its difficult to take the day to day necessary actions to survive. let alone getting me to the design magazine advert outcome that I so truly desire.

my desire for a design advert future has influenced my eyes this Winter and is drawing me to colors with little or no hue. colors like charcoal, slate, fog and mist... I am reminded of living in Seattle and her coffee drenched masses walking around with their disposable black umbrellas. I could duck out of the rain into a furniture store on Western Avenue. modern sofas in gray and black leather abound. I marvel at the lighting fixtures and the steel and wood credenzas. if only I could spend the afternoon in a window that overlooks Elliot Bay, in a beautiful modern chair with knitting needles in my hand and smooshy grey-black wool travelling through my caffeinated fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment