24 February 2010

stitching a habit





pictured directly above is a skein of Manos del Uruguay in color 35. there are no dye lots, so none of the skeins are the same. I came across this particular one and HAD TO HAVE IT. no project in mind, no caring if I use it or not. it just makes me happy from all aspects. I am comforted just knowing that particular skein exists in my stash. one day it might suggest I turn it into a special item; but, until that time comes, I will enjoy it as it is.

for the winter gift giving season, Janet made a blizzard of Botanic Hats to my frenzy of color combinations... she kept buying skeins of Malabrigo to add to the palette, so I kept making color-combination suggestions. at some point, I requested an olive and pale khaki hat for myself. I had to have patience. all the hats she was intending to make as gifts needed to be completed before I could get the hat I requested. finally, it is completed and it is quite beautiful.

also, as a small token for Valentine's Day, Janet bought us a 4 button set of line drawing fiber-y animals from the Ravelry Mini-Mart! I got the wool and cashmere making animals. she took the animals that make alpaca and angora.

the Lenten season this year will be used to establish a good habit. I am making time for knitting everyday for the entirety of Lent. no excuses. at least 30 minutes a day to knit... I should be able to make a substantial dent on my Bellagio, and maybe even be able to finish and wear it for a month or two in the Spring.

I am coming up on my "knitting anniversary" (knitiversary?). in about a month, on March 21, I will have been knitting for one calendar year. when I started, I committed myself to knitting for one calendar year and doing some blogging about it. I intend on revisiting what my goals were, how they evolved, my FOs, UFOs, and what I want out of my future (and the next year) of knitting. it should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment